Abhishek Kapoor (born 6 August 1971) is an Indian film actor, director and producer. He started his career as an actor in Uff! Yeh Mohabbat in 1996, opposite Twinkle Khanna, directed by Vipin Handa. He made his directorial début with Aryan in 2006 which was a critical and commercial flop.
|Date Of Birth||6 August 1971|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College||Hassaram Rijhumal College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai|
|Was Pursuing B.com|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies , Reading|
|Weight (approx.)||75 Kg|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Favourite Directors||Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg|
|Favourite Movies||Bollywood – Sholay|
Hollywood – Schindler’s , Mystic River
|Favourite Actress||Rekha, Tabu|
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
- Wife – Pragya Yadav (Swedish Model & Actress)
- Children – Son – Isana (born 2015)
- Father – Not Known
- Mother– Madhubala Kapoor
- Brother – None
- Sister – Aparna Kapoor (Younger)
He started his career as an actor with the film Uff! Yeh Mohabbat in 1996. He was paired opposite Twinkle Khanna and the film was directed by Vipin Handa. It was in 2006 with the film Aryan that he made his directorial debut. In 2008, Rock On, written and directed by him became a critical and commercial success. The film is a rock musical film and won the “National Award for Best Hindi Film”. This film also won the Filmfare award in 2009. Kai Po Che, released in 2013, based on a Chetan Bhagat’s novel was directed by him. The film was a huge hit and well received by critics. His film Fitoor which released in 2016, failed at the box office but was acclaimed critically. Abhishek Kapoor got married to Pragya Yadav in 2015. Pragya is a well-known Swedish actress.
|1997||Uff! Yeh Mohabbat||Actor|
|2013||Kai Po Che||Director|
|2016||Rock On II||Writer|
Kapoor is a cousin of the actor Tusshar Kapoor and producer Ekta Kapoor. His mother Madhubala is the sister of the popular Bollywood actor Jitendra (Ravi Kapoor). On 4 May 2015, Abhishek married Swedish actress and model Pragya Yadav.
- 2009 – Filmfare Award for Best Story for Rock On.
- 2009 – National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi for Rock On!
- 2014 – Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay for Kai Po Che.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhishek kapoor
- Abhishek kapoor is a cousin of Tusshar Kapoor & Ekta Kapoor, as his mother, Madhubala is the sister of actor Jeetendra.
- Abhishek & filmmaker Aditya Chopra were the classmates.
- The future filmmaker started of his career as an actor. However, because of lack of opportunities, he got stuck with B-grade films.
- After failed acting career, Abhishek kapoor started an online ticket management website. The business soon died and Abhishek kapoor was back to square one.
- He then took the path of film direction and cast Sohail Khan in his debut film Aryan 2006. The film, however, failed to perform well at box-office.
- Despite failing thrice in forming a career, a dejected Abhishek kapoor did not give up. He wrote a new script and approached his old friend Farhan Akhtar to be a part of it(Rock On!). Eventually, the movie became a huge & commercial success and Abhishek kapoor heaved a sigh of relief.
- Rock On! even fetched him the “National Award” for “Outstanding Contribution towards cinema.”
- Abhishek kapoor, who once a failure, now owns a production house by the name of ‘Guy in the Sky Pictures.’